Saturday, February 24, 2007

Amazing Grace - the movie

Cindy and I had the opportunity to see a free pre-screening of Amazing Grace (we were blessed with two free tickets in my college faculty mailbox). It was a good movie, not so much about John Newton (the author of the hymn Amazing Grace) as it was about William Wilberforce and the English abolition movement. The characters’ faith was depicted unashamedly. Consider this great statement that John Newton states in one scene: “I am a great sinner, and Christ is a great savior.” I strongly recommend that you go see Amazing Grace. This movie is rated PG, probably for the occasional cursing and the 18th century cleavage.

Picture taken from http://www.wildaboutmovies.com/movies/AmazingGraceMoviePosterTrailerMichaelAptedIoanGruffudd.php

No comments:

Join my blog network
on Facebook