Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A week in France: looking for the history of the church - introduction

I have just had the opportunity to be the Cicerone, as my dad would say, for a very loving couple. The plan was to scout the south of France to preview church history sites that will be visited by seminary students in a future site-based summer program. There was much scheduled for us to do, and we knew that we would not see everything. Nevertheless, we tried our best to see as much as we could.

I figured that if you are anything like me, you probably do not have a good idea of just how much there is to visit in France when it comes to the reformation, so hang on and enjoy the ride. We will travel great distances in both space and time. We will gain a better appreciation for what believers have had to suffer as a result of their beliefs. And hopefully you will be encouraged, just as I was.

No comments:

Join my blog network
on Facebook