Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Anabaptist in Italy

I was asked by my adviser to present a paper on the Italian Anabaptists at this year's SWBTS Anabaptism and Contemporary Baptists Conference. I was honored to be presenting in the company of some great scholars who have studied the Anabaptists: Friesen, Patterson, Yarnell, and Caner, just name a few. If you did not get the opportunity to come, but have an interest in the Anabaptists, you can find the audio of the conference here.

This paper also gave me the opportunity to start researching the topic that will end up being my dissertation topic: Italian Anabaptism. I was originally set against doing a historical thesis, but over time I have seen some of the benefits of doing a thesis in historical theology and have develop an interest in this topic. I am looking forward to the next year of research and writing (but before I get there, I have to study and pass my comprehensive exams).

No comments:

Join my blog network
on Facebook